Manager, Government & Community Relations
About Our Manager, Government & Community Relations Role
We are seeking a passionate and driven person to lead the Government & Community Relations Department, overseeing CAA Manitoba’s advocacy team and portfolio.
As a manager you will develop a team of government and community relations specialists and grow CAA Manitoba’s advocacy portfolio. The advocacy portfolio will build on a history of strong relationships and in executing key traffic and road safety programs and engaging in the communities in which we operate. The manager is responsible for the overall direction to increase our programs/initiatives’ visibility and participation. You will work with both internal and external stakeholders and contribute to the departmental strategic objectives that support the overall strategic plans of CAA Club Group. This will involve developing annual plans and executing programs, such as the CAA School Safety Patrol program and public policy initiatives and campaigns that are geared to improving safer roads for all Manitobans in all modes of transportation. You will develop your own and your teams’ subject matter expertise as trusted safety advocates and to be able to provide expert and technical advice and consultation to CAA management, stakeholders and partners. You will report into the AVP, Government & Community Relations, CAA Club Group, prepare board reports and are a strong public speaker and media spokesperson and represent CAA’s brand in a range of forums, meetings, consultations forums, etc. You will liaise with CAA Club Group’s broader Government & Community Relations team (Ontario) and CAA National and other CAA club public affairs teams to become familiar with synergies that can impact and benefit program partnership opportunities.
CAA Club Group was founded as an advocacy organization that grew into the largest membership organization in Canada. In 2018, CAA was awarded the distinction of Canada’s most trusted brand and has been successfully servicing our Members and Customers for over 115 years. Our mission is focused on keeping our Members safe and consistently exceeding our Members' expectations. Our Employees deliver a high quality of service and are the cornerstone of our operations. Our recruitment is rooted in welcoming enthusiastic people who have a proven ability to provide exceptional experiences to our Members, Customers and Employees to the CAA organization.
If you are a strategic, action oriented, outgoing self-starter and relationship building comes naturally to you, this could be a great opportunity to join our family! To learn more about CAA, visit us online at www.caamanitoba.com
If you meet our requirements and are interested in exploring a career with us, please submit your application online. Thank you to all who apply but only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
- As a successful candidate you have a post-Secondary Diploma or Degree, such as but not limited to Red River College’s Creative Communications program, University of Winnipeg Public Relations program or a Bachelor's degree with major course work in related curriculum is an asset.
- Your education is coupled with five (5) to seven (7) years’ management experience in overseeing the execution of projects related to government relations, community outreach or community programming and people leadership.
- Past work experience in a government relations portfolio, foundations or charitable organizations is relevant. You will possess strong computer skills with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- You will have a proven track record in building strong relationships and rapport.
- You are a charismatic team player who demonstrates understanding of key stakeholder objectives to influence, build persuasive arguments, and gain support to achieve operational goals.
- You possess strong management skills, demonstrated through your ability to assess priorities and meet deadlines while managing multiple activities and projects.
- Must be willing to travel within Manitoba and to Ontario five to seven times per year.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodations. CAA Club Group will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
CAA is a progressive organization with a diverse workforce which offers the opportunity for paid training, career development and professional growth, competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefit package, and a fun working environment that values work/life balance.